Bill Pay Guarantee
With EasyPay, you can pay almost any person or company in the U.S. securely and confidently, knowing your payments are covered by Y-12 Federal Credit Union's Bill Pay Guarantee. Rest assured, your online bill payments will be accurate and on time as long as you schedule your payments in advance and have sufficient funds available in your payment account on the day a payment is scheduled to be sent.
How our payment guarantee works
If Y-12 Federal Credit Union does not properly complete a bill payment on or before the "Deliver by" date, we will pay any late fees or finance charges up to $75.00 directly caused by a delay or error on our part. Paper checks delivered after the “Deliver by” date will be included in our payment guarantee.
We'll pay any related late fees or finance charges as long as you do the following:
- Notify us about the bill payment in question within 60 days of the requested “Deliver by” date.
- Provide us with the payment's billing statement reflecting assessed fees and other applicable documentation.
What's not covered by our payment guarantee
Our guarantee does not cover charges, fees, or other consequences caused by you or payment processing delays not caused by us or within our control, including if:
- You do not schedule a payment correctly.
- Your account with the payee was already past due or in default before the "Deliver by" date.
- A third party fails to transmit payment to an intended payee properly.
- There are insufficient funds or credit availability in your Bill Pay payment account and/or a linked overdraft share on the "Send on" date.
- A legal order directs us to prohibit withdrawals from the Bill Pay payment account.
- The payment was misrouted or delayed, because the information you provided for the payee was incorrect or incomplete.
- The Bill Pay payment account is closed or frozen.
- Any part of the electronic fund transfer system is not working correctly.
The Bill Pay Guarantee also does not cover indirect, special, or consequential damages arising from using the Bill Pay service. Y-12 Federal Credit Union does not recognize "Grace Periods," "Late After," "Postmarked By" dates, or other similar designations when considering the reimbursement of late fees or finance charges. The Bill Pay Guarantee will not apply to payments made to payees outside the continental U.S., to any federal, state, or local government agency, or to court-ordered payments, as we cannot guarantee correct delivery or routing. Bill Pay should not be used to pay a person, transfer, or deposit funds into a checking, savings, brokerage, or other deposit type of account at another financial institution. We can't guarantee correct delivery or routing, and the Bill Pay Guarantee does not cover this type of transfer. This guarantee does not apply to stop payment requests. The Bill Pay Guarantee only applies to electronic bill payments or check bill payments made through EasyPay and not through any other payment platform.