Mobile Device Security Tips
Here are some tips on mobile device security to help keep you and your money safe.
- Password protect your device to help prevent unauthorized access.
- Make sure your screen locks while you are not using it.
- Only install apps from your device’s trusted store.
- Keep your phone’s software up to date.
- Be cautious using open or public Wi-Fi networks. Attackers could be on these networks intercepting your data.
- Pay close attention to your app’s security permission requests.
- Watch out for text scams and fraud. Unsolicited texts, emails, or calls are often illegitimate.
- Use security software on your device.
Today’s mobile devices are essentially just computers that fit in your pocket. Treat them in the same manner you would your computer and practice good cybersecurity hygiene.